GFAA WORKSHOP REGISTRATION
Ink Wash Painting in the Chinese and Sumi-e Style
with Joon Thomas
June 12, 19, 26 & July 3
9 - 1 pm at GFAA Gallery - 1314 S Main Street
$45 fee per class
max class size = 8 people
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
In this class we will explore the expressive qualities of ink, water, brush and paper. These are the basic components that provide the artist an endless resource for both traditional and experimental painting. In this class we will explore the painting of bamboo, orchid, chrysanthemum, lotus, fish and birds. These traditional subjects serve as a vehicle for developing brush and ink techniques and understanding composition; skills which can then be applied to both traditional and contemporary styles of painting.
This workshop is suitable for beginners, intermediate level artists, or those who want to explore more deeply their connection with brush painting.
SUPPLY LIST WILL BE SENT TO PARTICIPANTS
ABOUT JOON THOMAS
Joon Thomas holds a degree in printmaking from the University of the Arts (Philadelphia); studied for many years with artists Chen Lok Lee, Rulan Weng, Youxin Yao and Ou Wenwei; and has decades of experience as a professional artist, calligrapher, printmaker and teacher.
WORKSHOP AGREEMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
1. After payment is received, we will contact you via email prior to the workshop with more information.
2. Payment is non-refundable. If you find you need to cancel and wish to find a replacement, it is your responsibility to find that replacement and to obtain the funds. Please contact us first in case there is a waitlist. If you find someone yourself, please provide us with the contact information for your replacement.
3. There is a maximum of 8 people in the class. You will be added to a waiting list if the class is full. Masks and social distancing required.
4. Questions should be directed to katy at
5. Your payment serves as your agreement to this cancellation policy.